1996 Jaguar XJ6 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Jaguar XJ6
- I have a1996 xj6 jaguar sometimes it will crank on first try & times it takesseveral
- need to find a shop that i can purchase a new catalytic converter and are in stk
- After replacing my motor, car won't crank. The motor crank before it was put in. What would cause that? How can I fix that?
- Can't get turn signal to go off. Flash either one side r the other
- What is causing a rattle in the right rear of when driving over slightest bump
1996 Jaguar XJ6 Problems
The cup holder in the front center arm rest is flimsy and may break, making it impossible to close the cup holder assembly.
The exterior door handles are of poor quality; they frequently break or do not offer enough leverage to open the door from the outside.
The upper bushings on the front shock absorbers are prone to failure and may produce a rattling/jingling noise as the car is driven over bumps.
1996 Jaguar XJ6 Questions
my car has had a problem with intermittent low idle stalling , until this last week when it stalled and then would not start. engine would crank and had spark but wouldn't catch. tested fuel injector relay and replace below spec also cam postioning sensor (test 1100 ohms replaced) found bad ...
Can't find flasher r turn signal switch for that model car.
I am experiencing a dull rattle of sorts emanating from the right rear of the car when negotiating slightly rough terrain irrespective of speed.After checking for loose muffler components and finding no problem here, I feel convinced it's in the suspension such as a loose shock or other suspe...
1996 Jaguar XJ6 Reviews
I bought a 96 xj6 that was a hurricane Katrina victim. Apparently insurance companies totaled most of these cars out due to the cost of new manufactue replacement parts. Well I recently purchased my 96 xj6 @ a rock-bottom price of 1800.00 after it had been kicked around a few auctions since 05. I was very skeptical at the time,so I had to learn the hard way.The body was completely rust-free and...