2004 Jaguar X-Type Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2004 Jaguar X-Type
- The jag gave us a gearbox warning driving home in a rainstorm. It seemed the tranny wasnt working. The next day things dried out and I tried the car again and it worked fine.
- Started the jag this am at 6:15am @ 15 degrees. The car redlined itself? Why?
- Car continuously stalls out in traffic.
- What does it normally cost to replace a clutch slave cylinder?
- car will move in any gear while engine is not running, but will not move when on
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Gili's Automotive (301) 563-9049 | 20.04mi
2004 Jaguar X-Type Problems
The engine oil pan gasket can develop a leak. Leaking oil may accumulate on the exhaust system resulting in a burning smell. Replacing the gasket should correct this leak.
Premature automatic transmission failure is common. Diagnoses of the fault will be necessary to determine if repair or replacement is the proper repair.
2004 Jaguar X-Type Questions
The master cylinder that also serves as the clutch cooler has already been replaced. The leak from the slave indicates this may be the problem. I have received a wide range of prices.
How much cost for repairing speedometer for jaguar 2004
My transmisison slipped today upon excelleration. I've owned it two years the transmission has never been serviced. What firt line of defense should i take?
2004 Jaguar X-Type Recalls
2004 Jaguar X-Type Reviews
troublefree since I bought it in 04. Almost 50K miles with no issues.
I had the same issue with the headlight. Went to the local auto parts store and got a very generic pigtail and spliced it in. About $4 and 30 minutes labor in my garage, good as new.
My driver side headlight went out and melted the plug. I was told it would cost my 1500.00 dollars to replace the plug. Not happy.