1998 Jaguar Vanden Plas Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 Jaguar Vanden Plas
- Car overheats. Replaced thermostat and housing. Runs fine on idle for 10 minute
- At a stoplight my car jumps,while driving sometimes it jumps at speeds of 55to65
- while driving in stop an go traffic engine suddenly jumps to very high RPM
- Drivers window doesn't work properly since I washed it 5 months ago.
- My98 jaguar vanden plaswontstart.Turnsoverbutwillnotstart.Notfuelpump.
1998 Jaguar Vanden Plas Problems
The exterior door handles are of poor quality; they frequently break or do not offer enough leverage to open the door from the outside.engine oil consumption.
1998 Jaguar Vanden Plas Questions
Runs fine at 2000 RPM for 9 minutes then overheats. No coolant leak when overheating. Any ideas? I also checked fuses that applied to heating & cooling.
the car is shaking badly, it's hard to keep it from moving. Pushing on brake pedal with the max force cannot prevent the car from creeping forward. It's scary and very dangerous. What can be a problem? It happened twice, otherwise the car works normal.
I recall reading in the manual not to use a de-icer. Since I only have one key, I don't want to turn too hard.
1998 Jaguar Vanden Plas Reviews
I bought this car used with around 40K miles on it - so I was the second owner. I really loved this car, it’s sleek, fast, comfortable, and you feel like the Queen of England when you drive down the road in it (mine was emerald green – the color of money ;-)). The real problem is that you love the car so much you don’t know when to get rid of it – I thought I would keep it until it was an ant...