1990 Jaguar Vanden Plas Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1990 Jaguar Vanden Plas
- Stall Sensor light comes on sometimes.
- I am looking at a 1990 with 166,000 miles. Is $2500 too much to pay?
- how can i stop my 1990 jaguar vdp from vapor locking?
- 1990 xj6 vanden plas. I turn the key on and nothing on the dash lights up.
- no heat where is the heater control valve located what else for heat
1990 Jaguar Vanden Plas Problems
The exterior door handles are of poor quality; they frequently break or do not offer enough leverage to open the door from the outside.
The upper bushings on the front shock absorbers are prone to failure and may produce a rattling/jingling noise as the car is driven over bumps.
1990 Jaguar Vanden Plas Questions
The car needs a power steering pump. I have been looking at Edmunds.com that tells me the private sale value is $1061, NADA is showing $6k + on the LOW end? Kelley Blue Book wont even go below 1994.
Any help on that and how difficult a Power steering pump is to replace would be appreciated.
what else will cause no heat
I was thinking af purchasing a 1989 XJ6 VandenPlas. I was told that the brakes don't work. There is fluid in the lines, and the wheels were removed and everything looks ok. Any ideas?