2000 Jaguar S-Type Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2000 Jaguar S-Type
- gas not getting to engine and change the fuel pump
- My car is overheating during driving but not during idle? We have changed water pump, thermo stat and it still continues to over heat n over pressure just above idle. I have done a silicate sealer n did a block test head gaskets seems to be intact. Help??
- What are the 2 buttons by my shifter
- How do I remove rear door locking mechanism
- Central locking fail/ non operation of lefthand rear door HOW DO I GET LOCK OUT
2000 Jaguar S-Type Problems
Premature automatic transmission failure is common. Diagnoses of the fault will be necessary to determine if repair or replacement is the proper repair.
The plastic coolant reservoir is prone to leak. The reservoir can mysteriously lose coolant or coolant may pool under the engine compartment. If this occurs, the coolant reservoir should be inspected for cracks. If leaks are neglected, the reservoir may fail and cause the engine to overheat.
2000 Jaguar S-Type Questions
One is a 'S' and the other us a funny Lil symbol
I can't get out of rear. And sometimes the car will not move in drive. HELP PLEASE!
When they recharge the air conditioner, after fixing it,does that mean there's a leak?
2000 Jaguar S-Type Recalls
2000 Jaguar S-Type Reviews
This is the best car I ever owned and I intend to keep it as long as I can. I have no major expenses just maintenance upkeep, a very reliable car for either long or short distance.
I bought this beautiful gunite black car brand new in 2000...no problems until 6 or so years later...every time I go to service it's $1,000 or so more and other problems...only have 76,000 miles on it (they say I should drive it more)...one owner, a woman, and it is garaged every day...help me...what to do?...almost perfect condition and it's been dead in my garage for months...battery 2nd one ...
My 2000 8 cyl S type was a lot of fun to drive; unfortunately, the high cost of repairs took all the fun out of it. Every month or so, there would be another $1,000+ bill; the best thing I ever did was sell it and buy a Honda.