2000 Jaguar S-Type Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2000 Jaguar S-Type
- abs and the emergency brake is on
- i'm planning to get a used 2000 jaguar type s, is it a dependable car?
- gear box not responding well,if shifted to D, the car won't move
- after replacing clutch plate and thrust bearing unable to depress clutch pedal.
- have lost the odometer trip computer is there a fuse ?
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2000 Jaguar S-Type Problems
The plastic coolant reservoir is prone to leak. The reservoir can mysteriously lose coolant or coolant may pool under the engine compartment. If this occurs, the coolant reservoir should be inspected for cracks. If leaks are neglected, the reservoir may fail and cause the engine to overheat.
Premature automatic transmission failure is common. Diagnoses of the fault will be necessary to determine if repair or replacement is the proper repair.
2000 Jaguar S-Type Questions
i have changed the transmision oil, drove car for two days, now no gear responds,engine starts up fine, but when shifted to R,D,2 and 4 car does not move. please help me understand what can be the problem.
Noticed clutch slipping and revving during acceleration or hill climb. replaced clutch plate, slave cylinder and thrust release bearing. after clutch bleeding now pedal solid hard. unable to depress to engage or deselect gear. Is it worn pressure plate or dual mass flywheel.car has about 200,000 km
2000 Jaguar S-Type Recalls
2000 Jaguar S-Type Reviews
This is the best car I ever owned and I intend to keep it as long as I can. I have no major expenses just maintenance upkeep, a very reliable car for either long or short distance.
My 2000 8 cyl S type was a lot of fun to drive; unfortunately, the high cost of repairs took all the fun out of it. Every month or so, there would be another $1,000+ bill; the best thing I ever did was sell it and buy a Honda.
My 2000 S-Type 4.0, car was purchase used, bank repo in 2005 with 48k. Soon as it hit 100k in 2010, the problems bgain. The same issues tention rods and timing. This is going to be the 3rd engine for this vehicle. This vehicle will be sold or trade in by the first of the year.