2002 Isuzu Trooper Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2002 Isuzu Trooper
- My 2002 Trooper keeps popping out of 2wd into neutral
- How do I replace the Power Winter Switches in my 2002 Trooper?
- Vibration in front axles when you put it in auto 4wd
- trooper want start when try to crank turn key or light up when trying to start,
- Trooper sways on road. More road noise and makes vibration when leaving stop.
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2002 Isuzu Trooper Problems
A ticking noise may be noted from the engine valve train area. This is commonly caused by varnish build up in the hydraulic lash adjusters (HLA). Our technicians tell us that using Mobil 1 synthetic oil has been successful in cleaning the varnish deposits and quieting the lifter noise.
Lack of oil changes can cause the piston rings to become clogged with debris resulting in excess oil consumption. Severe engine damage may result if the oil level gets to low. Engine dis-assembly may be required to clean or replace the piston rings. Our technicians recommend proper maintenance to try and avoid this expensive repair.
2002 Isuzu Trooper Questions
My trooper keeps popping out of 2wd and going into neutral. Then it makes a constant grinding noise untill I can come to a complete stop, put it in park, and shift it back into 2wd. When keeping pressure on the transfer case shift lever it seems to help it stay engaged a little better. But the pr...
My Power Winter Switches are not functioning. I would like to replace them but am not sure how to remove them from my console. Can someone tell me how?
Front tires try to kick into 4wd and chatter and won't go im
2002 Isuzu Trooper Reviews
2002 Trooper LTD owner here. Torque Converter went out, upgraded to a Carbon-Fiber mesh converter (standard upgrade) had the tranny rebuilt just to be on the safe side. Do not put Monroe Sensitrac shocks on this girl, it's too lite. I recommend a a good KYB gas shock. The 3.5 liter engine is really too large for this vehicle. Don't take this year in the water..oh, it'll drive through rivers & s...
Great off the paved road, and awesome in the snow. I think the design is classy and defy's its age. The tranny did have to be replaced at 56000 under warranty. The lack of a solid dealer network is becoming a little trouble some. Runs and drives very well. I am keeping it for ever. Did I mention I love this truck. The off road abilities are as good if not better than my 2000 Jeep Cheroke...
This truck sucks!!! I have had to put 2 engines and I am looking for another tranny. The originals broke and I bought used. They both broke within a year. I am not hard on a vehicle. I have never replaced these before. These trucks just suck. No wonder Isuzu isnt selling in the USA anymore. THEY SUCK. All this is just my opinion.