2000 Isuzu Trooper Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2000 Isuzu Trooper
- Our Trooper is leaking transmission fluid (badly) from the front seal.
- it stopped going in reverse or drive all of a sudden what could it be
- I lost my key to get In and start my Trooper. Where can I get this key made?
- Vehicle blowing fuses when put into drive or reverse. What can cause this
- HOw much should it cost to fix a tranny leak?
2000 Isuzu Trooper Problems
Lack of oil changes can cause the piston rings to become clogged with debris resulting in excess oil consumption. Severe engine damage may result if the oil level gets to low. Engine dis-assembly may be required to clean or replace the piston rings. Our technicians recommend proper maintenance to try and avoid this expensive repair.
The fuel level sensor may fail causing erratic operation of the fuel gauge. Our technicians tell us that replacement of the failed sensor is necessary to correct this concern.
2000 Isuzu Trooper Questions
We replaced the seal and a few minutes into our test drive it was leaking again so bad that we got stuck on the side of the road. The old seal had a small hole in it. Could this be a pressure or over heating problem on the transmission?
Lost key need one so I can sale it, after having it for 14years...
The vehicle has been sitting a while. Ran normally when my dad parked it a year ago. Only starting occasionally and moving around the yard to keep it running.