1994 Isuzu Trooper Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1994 Isuzu Trooper
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1994 Isuzu Trooper Problems
A ticking noise may be noted from the engine valve train area. This is commonly caused by varnish build up in the hydraulic lash adjusters (HLA). Our technicians tell us that using Mobil 1 synthetic oil has been successful in cleaning the varnish deposits and quieting the lifter noise.
The check transmission light may illuminate with a stored code 37. This is commonly caused by electrical interference on the data communication circuit between the transmission control module (TCM) and the engine control module (ECM). Our technicians recommend that all related connection and ground locations should be inspected and repaired as necessary. In some cases electromagnetic interference may be the cause, shielding of the affected wiring may be of help it this case.
A severe engine oil leak may be the result of one or more of the camshaft plugs falling out of the cylinder head. The is most likely to occur in cold climates and is caused by the expansion and contraction of the cylinder head. There is a cam plug retaining kit available to secure new cam plugs in place.
1994 Isuzu Trooper Questions
I can hardly get to the wires to remove them. I have read to put it on a lift but I have no access to a lift.
have changed crank and cam sensors, module, coils, all 3 computers. Had it to 3 shops and nothing. Can u help me
1994 Isuzu Trooper Recalls
1994 Isuzu Trooper Reviews
All i can say is awesome built vehicle!! Im 2nd owner. At 245000 miles and this thing wont die and still looks great!!
I love my 1994 Trooper. 180,000 miles with a replaced transmission. Pros: Very generous interior without being a pig like a mega-SUV Incredible 4WD capability. I drove it 1,000 miles in the desert in Baja and it loved every minute. Cons: Steers like a steamboat. Heating is really awful.