1992 Isuzu Trooper Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1992 Isuzu Trooper
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1992 Isuzu Trooper Problems
A ticking noise may be noted from the engine valve train area. This is commonly caused by varnish build up in the hydraulic lash adjusters (HLA). Our technicians tell us that using Mobil 1 synthetic oil has been successful in cleaning the varnish deposits and quieting the lifter noise.
The check transmission light may illuminate with a stored code 37. This is commonly caused by electrical interference on the data communication circuit between the transmission control module (TCM) and the engine control module (ECM). Our technicians recommend that all related connection and ground locations should be inspected and repaired as necessary. In some cases electromagnetic interference may be the cause, shielding of the affected wiring may be of help it this case.
A severe engine oil leak may be the result of one or more of the camshaft plugs falling out of the cylinder head. The is most likely to occur in cold climates and is caused by the expansion and contraction of the cylinder head. There is a cam plug retaining kit available to secure new cam plugs in place.
1992 Isuzu Trooper Questions
i have massive leak that has started above the alternator there is no oil in the coolant and no white smoke i need help because i cant keep it parked forever at a local hotel
It was running yesterday but when went to go to work it wouldn't crank or turn over at all.
my trooper will trun over but not crank changed the fuel filter crank sensor 3 coils checked plug and wires what else can i do
1992 Isuzu Trooper Recalls
1992 Isuzu Trooper Reviews
i recently bought my trooper about 2 months ago i found it sitting in a junk yard collecting dirt and dabre well since 1999aug several people have claimed they own it but knowone ever did anything with it but maybe start it 3 or 4 times at most then one day both my wife,s mercedes benz went on the blink and my most loyal car it never left us stranded for 253000.0 miles with out any problems be...