1998 Isuzu Rodeo Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 Isuzu Rodeo
- Whitesmoke coming out tail pipe runs smooth one minute engine smoking and rockin
- Do you have a cover for the top of the engine where you put in the oil?
- How to get a step by step instructions on how to change the starter ?
- I was told by a mechanic that on the rodeo ,1998 & up models the pcv valve is
- When I turn the key I get a ticking sound sometimes.
1998 Isuzu Rodeo Problems
The fuel level sensor may fail resulting in erratic fuel gauge operation and illumination of the Check Engine Light. Replacement of the fuel sender assembly is recommended to correct this concern. A powertrain control module (PCM) software update may be necessary for the updated fuel level sensor to read correctly.
Chattering when cornering can occur when the limited slip differential fluid breaks down. Replacing the fluid will repair this issue.
On the V-6 engine, oil in the spark plug tubes can cause a misfire. Resealing the tubes as part of replacement of the valve cover gasket and replacing the spark plug wires will commonly repair this issue. On newer models the misfire can result in illumination of the Check Engine Light.
1998 Isuzu Rodeo Questions
I also need a wiring harness
I turn the key and get a ticking sound but then turn the key again and it will start! And once it is started the brake and battery light will flicker!