1997 Isuzu Rodeo Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Isuzu Rodeo
- after turn car off walk back toward rear of car and get strong gas smell?
- My isuzu rodeo v6 4x4 automatic keeps popping out of gear
- sometimes engine boggs down or bucks, let up on gas bucking stops.
- #3 cylinder misfires what side is the #3 on
- my rodeo wont go into 3rd gear or into drive it works in 2nd and 1rst how much o
1997 Isuzu Rodeo Problems
Chattering when cornering can occur when the limited slip differential fluid breaks down. Replacing the fluid will repair this issue.
On the V-6 engine, oil in the spark plug tubes can cause a misfire. Resealing the tubes as part of replacement of the valve cover gasket and replacing the spark plug wires will commonly repair this issue. On newer models the misfire can result in illumination of the Check Engine Light.
A ticking noise may be noted from the engine valve train area. This is commonly caused by varnish build up in the hydraulic lash adjusters (HLA). Our technicians tell us that using Mobil 1 synthetic oil has been successful in cleaning the varnish deposits and quieting the lifter noise.
1997 Isuzu Rodeo Questions
1997 Isuzu Rodeo Reviews
great car, heavy on motor oil about 6 quarts every so often, okay on gas, wheel carrier is helpful for rear end accidents, overall it is a good car