1997 Isuzu Rodeo Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Isuzu Rodeo
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1997 Isuzu Rodeo Problems
Chattering when cornering can occur when the limited slip differential fluid breaks down. Replacing the fluid will repair this issue.
On the V-6 engine, oil in the spark plug tubes can cause a misfire. Resealing the tubes as part of replacement of the valve cover gasket and replacing the spark plug wires will commonly repair this issue. On newer models the misfire can result in illumination of the Check Engine Light.
A ticking noise may be noted from the engine valve train area. This is commonly caused by varnish build up in the hydraulic lash adjusters (HLA). Our technicians tell us that using Mobil 1 synthetic oil has been successful in cleaning the varnish deposits and quieting the lifter noise.
1997 Isuzu Rodeo Questions
Radio goes off and dashboard gauges go nuts then return to normal but happens repeatedly,what could cause this?
i had my valve cover gasket replaced at around 110,000 miles, leaking. replacement gasket leaked oil from rear of passenger side(right) valve cover. replaced gasket 8,000~ miles later, seemed to fix leak. 8,000~ miles later, leaking again, rear of right valve cover. replace cover? check for ...
when accelerating from a stop, the volt needle drops from about 14v+ down to 12v in first, third and fifth. it returns to 14v+ on second and fourth shifts. it gradually returns to 14v+ in fifth when cruising. if I punch it to go around slower traffic, voltage drops to 12v. but with headlight...