1996 Isuzu Rodeo Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Isuzu Rodeo
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1996 Isuzu Rodeo Problems
Chattering when cornering can occur when the limited slip differential fluid breaks down. Replacing the fluid will repair this issue.
On the V-6 engine, oil in the spark plug tubes can cause a misfire. Resealing the tubes as part of replacement of the valve cover gasket and replacing the spark plug wires will commonly repair this issue. On newer models the misfire can result in illumination of the Check Engine Light.
A ticking noise may be noted from the engine valve train area. This is commonly caused by varnish build up in the hydraulic lash adjusters (HLA). Our technicians tell us that using Mobil 1 synthetic oil has been successful in cleaning the varnish deposits and quieting the lifter noise.
1996 Isuzu Rodeo Questions
After just a couple of starts my battery will die and I'll have to charge it or change it this is been happening for months now it's not the alternator and it's not the cables what is it.
I'm experiencing engine oil getting on exhaust pipes-causing burnt oil smell. Oil is also getting on alternator. I've replaced valve cover gaskets which has cut down on oil leaks but still have leaking problem. I now suspect possible leak from oil pump located on front of engine. How diff...
I have tools and expereance but never worked with Isuzu models befor ther is a local wrecking yard that has motors i need schematics and specs for swaping out the motor , any advice and tips for this would be apprecieated greatly ! thanks , am dissabled and dont have a lot of green to spend on th...