2005 Isuzu Ascender Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2005 Isuzu Ascender
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2005 Isuzu Ascender Problems
The transmission may develop a harsh shift condition with the Check Engine Light on and fault code P0717 stored. This is commonly cased by a failed input speed sensor (ISS), located inside the transmission. The wiring at the sensor may be found damaged. If so, the sharp edges near with ISS wiring should be filed smooth to protect the new speed sensor wiring from damage.
A no crank condition may occur and the IGN E fuse is blown. If this occurs our technicians recommended 3 places to inspect for wiring issues: Under the sill place at the drivers side rear door opening, along the steering column, and near the brake pedal bracket. Damaged wires will require repair and should be repositioned and protected from further damage.
The horn may not function at times due to a faulty ground circuit in the steering column. Our technicians tell us that adding a ground strap between the upper and lower steering column mounting points will commonly correct this issue.
2005 Isuzu Ascender Questions
Is the valve bad or the injector
Cannot turn on heater when I start car in morning car will turn off. If sitting at light car will start to turn off if blower is on.
what are some things i can check?
2005 Isuzu Ascender Recalls
The windshield may not be properly adhered to the body. If a crash occurs, the windshield could separate from the vehicle, increasing the risk of injury. Dealers will replace the windshield free of charge. This recall is expected to begin on March 10, 2005. The General Motors recall number is 05002.