2000 Isuzu Amigo Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2000 Isuzu Amigo
- Failed O-rings Can Cause Accumulator Cover to Leak on Automatic Transmissions
- Right motor mount may hit chassis and cause vibration at idle
- Rear axle leak due to plugged rear differential vent
- Limited slip differential fluid break down may cause chattering when cornering
- Check Engine Light due to contamination of grease on gas pedal potentiometer
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2000 Isuzu Amigo Problems
The automatic transmission accumulator cover can leak due to a failed o-ring. Replacing the o-ring and cover will commonly correct this issue.
On some models, the right motor mount cover can hit the chassis and cause a vibration at idle. Replacing the motor mount will repair this issue.
Rear axle seal leaks can be cause by a plugged rear differential vent. Replacing the leaking seal and clearing out the vent will fix this problem.
2000 Isuzu Amigo Questions
The check engine light comes on, failed smog test, gave trouble code P1120
i have replaced the pcm and got rid of those codes whats next replace the throttle body? any suggestions
that hurts the eye
2000 Isuzu Amigo Recalls
The affected vehicles may experience excessive corrosion in the area of the forward mounting bracket for the left and right rear suspension lower link. The lower link bracket can become detached from the frame, which can affect vehicle handling and increase the risk of a crash. Dealers will inspect the affected area. If little or nor corrosion is found, the area will be treated with an anti-corrosive compound. For vehicles in which corrosion has damaged the rear suspension lower link bracket, a reinforcement bracket will be installed. In the rare event the corrosion is so severe that the reinforcement bracket remedy would not be appropriate, Isuzu will offer to repurchase the vehicle for an amount based on the Kelly Blue Book "private party price." All inspections and remedies will be provided free of charge for vehicles that are ten years old or less. For vehicles older than ten years, Isuzu will offer a free remedy, but only if the vehicle is presented to an Isuzu dealer within 12 months of when owner notifications were issued.