1999 Isuzu Amigo Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Isuzu Amigo
- Failed O-rings Can Cause Accumulator Cover to Leak on Automatic Transmissions
- Right motor mount may hit chassis and cause vibration at idle
- Rear axle leak due to plugged rear differential vent
- Limited slip differential fluid break down may cause chattering when cornering
- Check Engine Light and Erratic Fuel Gauge Operation
- will a 98 acura 3.2 tl motor fit in my 99 amigo with a 3.2 v6. are these motor the same or at least similar enough to work
- will a 98 acura 3.2 tl fit my 99 isuzu amigo with a 3.2 v6 ?
- How many catalytic converter on the exhaust system
- what is the part number for the 2 heater hoses that run into the firewall on the left side (passenger side) thanx
1999 Isuzu Amigo Problems
The automatic transmission accumulator cover can leak due to a failed o-ring. Replacing the o-ring and cover will commonly correct this issue.
On some models, the right motor mount cover can hit the chassis and cause a vibration at idle. Replacing the motor mount will repair this issue.
Rear axle seal leaks can be cause by a plugged rear differential vent. Replacing the leaking seal and clearing out the vent will fix this problem.
1999 Isuzu Amigo Questions
Just buy the truck and i had to change 4 oxygens sensor on two pipe. But i don't see the old catalytic and where to install them, They told me to buy two catalytics
1999 Isuzu Amigo Recalls
The affected vehicles may experience excessive corrosion in the area of the forward mounting bracket for the left and right rear suspension lower link. The lower link bracket can become detached from the frame, which can affect vehicle handling and increase the risk of a crash. Dealers will inspect the affected area. If little or nor corrosion is found, the area will be treated with an anti-corrosive compound. For vehicles in which corrosion has damaged the rear suspension lower link bracket, a reinforcement bracket will be installed. In the rare event the corrosion is so severe that the reinforcement bracket remedy would not be appropriate, Isuzu will offer to repurchase the vehicle for an amount based on the Kelly Blue Book "private party price." All inspections and remedies will be provided free of charge for vehicles that are ten years old or less. For vehicles older than ten years, Isuzu will offer a free remedy, but only if the vehicle is presented to an Isuzu dealer within 12 months of when owner notifications were issued.
1999 Isuzu Amigo Reviews
Bought this Isuzu (my 3rd) new from the dealer in 2000. It was the last of the Amigo badged, 2-door Rodeos. It came with 6 cyl. engine (lots of torque), a trans-cooler and heavy-duty draw-tite hitch (hard top model). I towed trailers and boats with nary-a-problem except for stopping. The brakes were never great for stopping short especially loaded with camping gear. After 10 years and two teen...