1998 Isuzu Amigo Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 Isuzu Amigo
- Failed O-rings Can Cause Accumulator Cover to Leak on Automatic Transmissions
- Right motor mount may hit chassis and cause vibration at idle
- Rear axle leak due to plugged rear differential vent
- Limited slip differential fluid break down may cause chattering when cornering
- Check Engine Light and Erratic Fuel Gauge Operation
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1998 Isuzu Amigo Problems
The automatic transmission accumulator cover can leak due to a failed o-ring. Replacing the o-ring and cover will commonly correct this issue.
On some models, the right motor mount cover can hit the chassis and cause a vibration at idle. Replacing the motor mount will repair this issue.
Rear axle seal leaks can be cause by a plugged rear differential vent. Replacing the leaking seal and clearing out the vent will fix this problem.
1998 Isuzu Amigo Questions
Im told the engine is turning over, but to me it doesnt sound like its catching. I just had the starter replaced, but no luck. Is this a common problem? What am I missing?
I had posted the problems I was having this week and was trying to drive it to shop when it died. Wouldn't start back up. Had tow truck take it to shop and they told me I have a jump time situation. After they looked further into it the shop told me there were some internal parts that were b...
1998 Isuzu Amigo. Battery light is on as is check engine light. Hesitates a little when first giving it gas. Ran perfectly then sat for about a week. When I started it up, had these symptoms. Will bring to shop and get diagnostic codes tomorrow. Changed battery, spark plugs, oil and filter today...
1998 Isuzu Amigo Recalls
The affected vehicles may experience excessive corrosion in the area of the forward mounting bracket for the left and right rear suspension lower link. The lower link bracket can become detached from the frame, which can affect vehicle handling and increase the risk of a crash. Dealers will inspect the affected area. If little or nor corrosion is found, the area will be treated with an anti-corrosive compound. For vehicles in which corrosion has damaged the rear suspension lower link bracket, a reinforcement bracket will be installed. In the rare event the corrosion is so severe that the reinforcement bracket remedy would not be appropriate, Isuzu will offer to repurchase the vehicle for an amount based on the Kelly Blue Book "private party price." All inspections and remedies will be provided free of charge for vehicles that are ten years old or less. For vehicles older than ten years, Isuzu will offer a free remedy, but only if the vehicle is presented to an Isuzu dealer within 12 months of when owner notifications were issued.
1998 Isuzu Amigo Reviews
Bought my baby in 2004 with 80k miles on it. The owner of the car put 50k miles on it the year before I bought it. It now has 223,000 and still going strong. Only thing that I wish was better is the valve cover gasket, I have replaced two of them. The large tires help handling. 2.2L Engine still runs good. Five speed tranny is fun and crisp. Mileage is averaging 23mpg. Wish they kept making t...