2005 Infiniti QX56 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2005 Infiniti QX56
- How to troubleshoot heat only working on 90 degrees?
- I have a coolant leak by my exhaust tailpipe. Can anyone shed some light on this
- Both of my headlamps leaked. I now need a complete rebuild of the left side.
- that was a 2005 Infinity QX56 with the backup camera problem
- 2005 Infinity QX56.Rear camera image is SNOW, grid lines appear ok.
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2005 Infiniti QX56 Problems
It is not uncommon one or both of the exhaust manifolds to crack resulting in an exhaust leak. Symptoms will begin as a ticking type noise noted on acceleration when the engine is cold.
The rear power door may not open or close properly, or make a grinding noise from inside the rear trim panel. If this occurs our technicians recommend to check for loose or damaged hardware at the rear door motor. Replace damaged hardware as required and use bolt retaining compound when reassembling the door motor hardware.
The fuel gauge may be slow to register, fail to read full when the gas tank is actually full, or read inaccurately. Our technicians tell us there is a redesigned fuel tank sender unit to remedy this problem.
2005 Infiniti QX56 Questions
Just started happening. How hard is it to repair
Is there an inexpensive fix for this?
The independent front knobs work fine so I am able to turn off and or adjust all levels of the front blower but can't seem to control the level of the rear blow from the front dash panel so the rear blower just blows full blast from the time you turn the engine on until you turn the vehicle o...
2005 Infiniti QX56 Recalls
The instrument panel fuel gauge may show fuel in the fuel tank when there is none, typically about 1/4 when the tank is empty. This could cause the vehicle to run out of gas and stall, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will replace the fuel sender unit inside the fuel tank to correct this concern. This recall is expected to begin on March 22, 2010.
The AC condenser fan motor in the engine compartment may not be sealed properly against water intrusion and it may not have proper drainage. Water intrusion may lead to corrosion and possibly overheating of the motor, and a fire. Dealers will install a "thermal protector kit" and test and replace the AC condenser fan motor if needed. The recall began August 2, 2008.
2005 Infiniti QX56 Reviews
I have a 2005 I bought new. It now has 98,000 miles. We have pulled a 32 foot travel trailer up to NY state and down to Florida multiple times. It has been a very good vehicle and we are very happy with it. The only significant problems we had were cracked exhaust manifolds and front brake warping, which were all fixed under warranty and improved or corrected on later model years. Despite the a...
I have a 2005 QX56 which I bought brand new and the only major problems I had was the lift gate motor went out after my 6 year of having. It was covered by my extended warranty. I had to replace both headlights and fog lights at seperate times because the seals had warn and they were getting condensation inside of them which was covered under warranty at time also. My AC went out under the exte...