1999 Infiniti QX4 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Infiniti QX4
- My rear hatch will not open. How much does it cost to repair this problem?
- Air started blowing from vent w/o me turning ac or heat on. Will not turn off.
- More detail for repair for code PO138
- Must pass smog,"service engine soon" light on, replaced PO504 thermo, now PO505?
- Anytime after warming to operating temperature, the ignition shuts down.
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1999 Infiniti QX4 Problems
Carbon deposits on the throttle body may cause any of the following issues: Idle speed fluctuation, incorrect idle speed, difficulty accelerating way from a stop, and or increased accelerator pedal resistance. Our technicians tell us a revised throttle body and associated parts are available to resolve this issue.
The Check Engine Light may illuminate with code P0138, P0140, P0158, and/or P0160 stored. Our technicians recommend replacing the rear oxygen sensor, and reprogramming the vehicle's powertrain control module (PCM) with upgraded software to correct this concern.
The mass airflow sensor may fail resulting in a loss of power and/or Check Engine Light illumination with code P0171 and/or P0174 stored. Our technicians recommend replacing the failed airflow sensor to correct this concern.
1999 Infiniti QX4 Questions
The problem is continuous, and air will only stop blowing if I turn the SUV completely off.
want to know repair steps for code PO138
170,000 miles. Went to Aamco for free computer scan before smog test. Mechanic says replace idle control valve PO505 showing on computer, leaking radiator, have oil change to pass smog test. He wants me to replace the upper and lower radiator hoses and cap, idler and tension pulleys as well. D...
1999 Infiniti QX4 Recalls
In areas where winter road salt is used, a mixture of snow/water and salt may enter an assembly location hole in the upper strut housing. This corrosive mixture can collect on the mating surface of the strut housing panel and the inner hood ledge assembly; over time, this can cause rusting of the strut tower housing. The rust can weaken the housing, causing it to crack and pull away from the inner hood ledge assembly. This can lead to grinding noises and increased steering effort, which, if severe enough, can cause the steering column to break. This would result in a loss of steering control, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will inspect the strut housing and repair the vehicles as necessary. An interim notification letter should be mailed to owners prior to May 16, 2011.