1997 Infiniti QX4 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Infiniti QX4
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1997 Infiniti QX4 Problems
Failure of the EVAP System charcoal canister may allow charcoal debris to infiltrate the EVAP system causing other failures. Cleaning the vapor lines to ensure the system is clear of debris is important when repairing EVAP system failures.
Carbon deposits on the throttle body may cause any of the following issues: Idle speed fluctuation, incorrect idle speed, difficulty accelerating way from a stop, and or increased accelerator pedal resistance. Our technicians tell us a revised throttle body and associated parts are available to resolve this issue.
The Check Engine Light may illuminate with throttle position switch fault codes stored. Our technicians tell us a revised throttle position switch is available to correct this concern.
1997 Infiniti QX4 Questions
If I shift to neutral and raise the rpms a bit while I am setting there the temp goes back to normal
When I try using either unit tape or cd err is displayed. I tried disconnecting the battery cable for a few moments without any results.
Last year but its been sitting since havent even started it dont want to mess something else up
1997 Infiniti QX4 Recalls
In areas where winter road salt is used, a mixture of snow/water and salt may enter an assembly location hole in the upper strut housing. This corrosive mixture can collect on the mating surface of the strut housing panel and the inner hood ledge assembly; over time, this can cause rusting of the strut tower housing. The rust can weaken the housing, causing it to crack and pull away from the inner hood ledge assembly. This can lead to grinding noises and increased steering effort, which, if severe enough, can cause the steering column to break. This would result in a loss of steering control, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will inspect the strut housing and repair the vehicles as necessary. An interim notification letter should be mailed to owners prior to May 16, 2011.