2008 Infiniti M35 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2008 Infiniti M35
- All Wheel Drive Vehicles May Develop a Groaning Type Noise From the Steering Rack
- Faulty Outside Mirror Actuators May be Replaced Individually
- A Stalling or Low Engine Idle Speed Condition May Occur
- The Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Warning Light May Illuminate With Code C1142
- Abnormal Noise From the Timing Chain Area With Illumination of the Check Engine Light
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2008 Infiniti M35 Problems
All wheel drive vehicles may develop a groaning type noise from the steering rack when centering the steering wheel after turning right at slow speeds, most noticeable when driven from a cold start. Our technicians tell us a revised steering rack is available to correct this concern.
Our technicians tell us that if a door mirror becomes inoperative due to an actuator fault, the faulty actuator may be replaced, negating the need to replace the entire door mirror.
A stalling or low engine idle speed condition may develop. Our technicians tell us a software upgrade for the powertrain control module (PCM) is available to address this problem.
2008 Infiniti M35 Questions
I have never heard of this before in 52 years of owning automobiles including Cadillacs, etc?
The car has 48,000 miles.
2008 Infiniti M35 Recalls
On nearly all cars on the road today the engine idle speed is computer controlled. These vehicles are being recalled because the idle may be to low as a result of a sensor failure causing the computer to operate in the fail-safe (limp home) mode. In the limp home mode, the computer will not properly adjust for variations in the engine idle speed. As a result the engine can stall unexpectedly at idle or when coming to a stop. The sensor causing this concern is the accelerator pedal position sensor. Dealers will replace the accelerator pedal assembly and reprogram the engine control module to correct this concern.
Nissan is recalling certain 2008–2010 model year vehicles in areas of the country with heavy concentrations of road salt usage. The fastener used to secure the sensor of the tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) may corrode and crack. If this occurs, the fastener may detach from the sensor and the TPMS light will illuminate. Dealers will replace the fastener with a more robust fastener.