2008 Hyundai Tucson Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2008 Hyundai Tucson
- What do the service codes TCS SW and ABS Valve Error mean?
- why vehicle won't move after engaging the 4wd lock system even after desengaging
- Starter engaging in park and neutral
- Left front wheel does not brake. Checked pads. All OK. No fluid coming to wheel
- When I turn my ac on it makes a clicking sound. What is the cause?
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2008 Hyundai Tucson Problems
If the automatic transmission does not shift properly and the Check Engine Light illuminates, the speed sensors in the transmission may have failed. The sensors are simple and inexpensive to replace.
Prior to replacing the automatic transmission fluid (to improve shift quality), make sure that the transmission fluid level is correct. Also, make sure the computer that controls the transmission has the most up-to-date adaptive programming information. When servicing these transmissions be sure to use fluid approved by Hyundai.
2008 Hyundai Tucson Questions
Can get starter to disengage when in park and neutral by moving key slightly towards start and hold the position. Let go and starter engages again.
Loosened brake pipes on this wheel and see no fluid coming thru when pressing brake pedal. Can this be the ABS?
Occasionally when trying to start the car, it will turn over but not start. If you leave it far a minute or two and try it again, it will start. What could be the problem?
Thanks in advance
2008 Hyundai Tucson Recalls
The affected vehicles are being recalled because the brake light switch can fail prematurely, resulting in the loss of brake light operation. Other systems that may be affected include: cruise control, push-button start, gear shifter, and Electronic Stability Control (ESC) system. Dealers will replace the brake light switch to correct this concern.
2008 Hyundai Tucson Reviews
This car has been pretty good. At 50,000 miles the AC compressor went and they diagnosed it as the power steering unit so they both got replaced on warranty. They tried to sell me a timing belt at that time which I thought was premature but I think they needed the money. Now has 70000 and still running good. Will try to find local garage for timing belt. I am kind of disappointed that the ...