2009 Hyundai Sonata Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2009 Hyundai Sonata
- car shakes when i drive it for a while, then it goes away
- low humming sound when I go over 45mph
- the esc is off light comes on dash while driving and than the car shuts down.
- What else can be done about the steering tightening when driving or backing?
- why does my starter keep trying to turn over after its already cranked?
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Tolker Auto Service (240) 233-2581 | 17.49mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- LXT Automotive (301) 679-7303 | 20.28mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
2009 Hyundai Sonata Problems
Problems with the accelerator pedal position switch may cause the Check Engine Light to illuminate; an improved switch is available to fix this problem.
If you experience excessive engine noise on startup (after the engine has been turned off for several hours) that lasts for more than five or six seconds, turn off the engine and check that the engine oil level is correct. If the oil level is correct, the noise may be caused by the timing chain tensioner. Hyundai has an improved tensioner to correct this problem.
Prior to replacing the automatic transmission fluid (to improve shift quality), make sure that the transmission fluid level is correct. Also, make sure the computer that controls the transmission has the most up-to-date adaptive programming information. When servicing these transmissions be sure to use fluid approved by Hyundai.
2009 Hyundai Sonata Questions
when i go over 45mph I hear a low humming sound which goes away when I slow down. had my brakes and rotors replaced 1st of August,and mechanic didn't say anything else was wrong. everything I'm reading is saying its the bearings, but shouldn't those have been checked when brakes were ...
When coming to stop when braking hear a slight knock or creak from rear Had sound diagnosed was told rear brakes pads need to be replaced. Had pads replaced still hear noise when letting off the pedal and reapplying brakes when moving slow. Could this be a rear suspension problem and not the brak...
2009 Hyundai Sonata Recalls
The rear suspension is the attaching point for the control arms and other rear suspension components. Road salt and water can accumulate in and around the rear crossmember causing it to rust. Excessive rust could cause one or both rear control arms to separate from the crossmember resulting in a sudden change in vehicle handling, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will inspect the rear crossmember and repair or replace it as necessary to correct this concern.
2009 Hyundai Sonata Reviews
I purchased a 2009 Sonata GLS new in 2009. It now has over 90,000 miles on it and it is unquestionably the most reliable car I have ever owned. Handles nicely, economical to drive, fantastic warranty,dealer service departments very customer friendly and besides nornmal servicing has required nothing. Since I purchased my Hyundai my son has purchased an Elantra and my mother-in-law and my fat...
I remove the ignition switch i turn the key to got out the switch now i can not got the new switch in the key will not go to off .
My problem started very early with this 2009 Sonota that I bought brand new; First the dealer overfilled the engine with OIL; I was shocked and another Hyundai dealer let the OIL out and shamed the dealer for that. Also this car doesnt take over filling of the oil easy. It can cause bad damage to the engine valves. But the worst happened when at 20,000 thousand miles the Transaxle started Bumpi...