2005 Hyundai Sonata Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2005 Hyundai Sonata
- Rough Idle Due to Faulty EGR Switching Valve
- Check Engine Light Due to Faulty Accelerator Pedal Position Switch
- Confirm Latest Software For Transmission Control Module and Correct Fuild For Proper Shift Quailty
- Parking lights don't turn off
- false temp gauge reading or electrical problem - check engine grounds
- my car want start is the battery or alternator
- how to set the timing if the belt was broke
- when sitting at a stop light my temp. gauge starts climbing to hot as soon as i
- Heat temperture problem. When car is moving, air temp on heat is warm, not hot..
- Heat is only warmwhen car is moving , when coming to a stop, air cools... Any suggestions ?
2005 Hyundai Sonata Problems
On the 2.7L V6 and 2.4L 4 Cylinder, a defective exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) switching valve may cause an intermittent rough or unstable idle engine.
Problems with the accelerator pedal position switch may cause the Check Engine Light to illuminate; an improved switch is available to fix this problem.
Prior to replacing the automatic transmission fluid (to improve shift quality), make sure that the transmission fluid level is correct. Also, make sure the computer that controls the transmission has the most up-to-date adaptive programming information. When servicing these transmissions be sure to use fluid approved by Hyundai.
2005 Hyundai Sonata Questions
just started today
pull away it goes back to normal replaced water pump and timing belt problem persists
2005 Hyundai Sonata Reviews
I own a 2005 6cyl Sonata. Purchased it with 15k miles. Have taken outstanding care of it thru out the years. Has been a wonderful car; however, it lately has been making a ticking/tapping noise on a cold start, and goes away once it's warm. My mechanic diagnosed it by ear only...says it's engine bearings and will probably need a new engine soon :(((( I need an expert to tell me otherwise. Does ...
I LOVE MY SONATA! I drove my 2005 Sonata off the lot with 6 miles on it. Today with very few major repairs and 356,000 miles, I am still loving it! Yes, you heard it right, 356,000 miles! I only know of one other Sonata in my area with 376,000 miles (2006). Hot Dog! I just can"tComplain!
I bought this car w/19,000 miles on it. I haven't had any problems at all in the 45,000 miles I've put on it since. The 60,000 mile warranty check-up was a little pricey because of the timing belt replacement, otherwise this car has been economical to own. The V6 is still smooth and quiet and is a joy on trips. This model looks a bit like a Jaguar but without the price. Hyundais have come a lon...