2003 Hyundai Sonata Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2003 Hyundai Sonata
- Where is the fuel filter located on my 2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS?
- installed new timing belt. checked all timing marks still runs like missing
- i have code reading po171 i have replaced mass air flow sensor both oxygen
- I smell gas upon starting the car in the morning then after 5 minutes it'gone?
- we get no power to low beam lights oly brites
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2003 Hyundai Sonata Problems
On the 2.7L V6 and 2.4L 4 Cylinder, a defective exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) switching valve may cause an intermittent rough or unstable idle engine.
If the automatic transmission does not shift properly and the Check Engine Light illuminates, the speed sensors in the transmission may have failed. The sensors are simple and inexpensive to replace.
Concerned about safety, the NHTSA is investigating reports of rust forming at the front suspension mounting points, the frame, and the sub-frame. Some of these vehicles may have been recalled for this issue. For more information, please click here»
2003 Hyundai Sonata Questions
How to test the crankshaft sensor? And what else could cause this?
and checked wiring why wont the low beams work?why do only the brites work?
2003 Hyundai Sonata Recalls
2003 Hyundai Sonata Reviews
I bought my 2003 Hyundai Sonata new, and now at 102,000 miles, it still runs like a top. I haven't had any major repairs on it. The only issues are that about 4" of paint have chipped off on the hood, and the interior chrome is chipping as well. Mechanically, it is the most reliable car I've ever owned.
This car is comfortable, peppy, and fun to drive. I love the side shift option and the fact that it is pretty good on gas. I own the 2003, 4 Cylinder model and it has been extremely reliable. I replaced the timing belt at around 85,000 miles and I just replaced the spark plugs today. I intend to keep this car for a long time to come. It is stylish and sporty, and I love it!
good car air dont work tho suckes