1999 Hyundai Sonata Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Hyundai Sonata
- Car shuts down after it warms up and loses power when pushing on gas pedal
- what would make a car shut down after being drove about 20 miles,and wont start
- what causes my car to burn up gas so fast?
- does anyone know how to replace a heater core in a 99 sonata?
- autoparts store says that that the transmission filter is external i cant see it
1999 Hyundai Sonata Problems
On the 2.7L V6 and 2.4L 4 Cylinder, a defective exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) switching valve may cause an intermittent rough or unstable idle engine.
If the automatic transmission does not shift properly and the Check Engine Light illuminates, the speed sensors in the transmission may have failed. The sensors are simple and inexpensive to replace.
Concerned about safety, the NHTSA is investigating reports of rust forming at the front suspension mounting points, the frame, and the sub-frame. Some of these vehicles may have been recalled for this issue. For more information, please click here»
1999 Hyundai Sonata Questions
it also has a low shortage of power which prevents windows from opening or clock in car to stay on.this vehicle uses up gas up to 3-4 times a week to refill tank
transmission filter location
I opened the trunk reached under and tried to turn the bulb but it won't budge. any suggestions