1999 Hyundai Sonata Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Hyundai Sonata
- Failed smog. Told needed to do a drive cycle. Unable to find correct one.
- I need to change the control module-resistor where is it located.
- Car shuts down after it warms up and loses power when pushing on gas pedal
- what would make a car shut down after being drove about 20 miles,and wont start
- what causes my car to burn up gas so fast?
1999 Hyundai Sonata Problems
On the 2.7L V6 and 2.4L 4 Cylinder, a defective exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) switching valve may cause an intermittent rough or unstable idle engine.
If the automatic transmission does not shift properly and the Check Engine Light illuminates, the speed sensors in the transmission may have failed. The sensors are simple and inexpensive to replace.
Concerned about safety, the NHTSA is investigating reports of rust forming at the front suspension mounting points, the frame, and the sub-frame. Some of these vehicles may have been recalled for this issue. For more information, please click here»
1999 Hyundai Sonata Questions
tried 2 different ones. Did not work. Any suggestions? Catalyst & 02 sensor not ready. Should I unplug the ECU as mentioned to someone else?
it also has a low shortage of power which prevents windows from opening or clock in car to stay on.this vehicle uses up gas up to 3-4 times a week to refill tank