2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe
- Do I need to replace rotors on my 2010 Santa Fe?
- car makes a bumping sound from the rear when I step on the gas from a complete s
- i just bought a 2010 hyundai santa fe and the driver side strut is leaking.
- How accurate are your cost to repair or maintencance cost?
- 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe 2.4 4 cylinder. I want to replace the serpentine belt.
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Problems
The crankshaft position sensor may fail, causing engine stalling or a failure to start. Replacement or the failed sensor will commonly correct this problem.
The timing belt can fail prematurely; if it fails while driving, it can cause catastrophic damage to the engine. Be sure that the timing belt is inspected and replaced according to the manufacturer's recommended schedule.
On the 2.7L V6 and 2.4L 4 Cylinder, a defective exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) switching valve may cause an intermittent rough or unstable idle engine.
2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Questions
My disc brakes are worn but still have about 6mm of brake pad remaining. The rotors look perfect, but I hear lots of professional mechanics say I should replace them. Is this really necessary?
Should both be changed? Dealer doesnt want to do both nor do the alignment either???
I'm am experiencing in real life quotes as high as 2-3 times what your website says. Ex. is the 60,000 maintenance. One reputable shop quotes $500. and the dealership was $1,600? Unbelievable differences.
2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Recalls
The affected vehicles are being recalled because the brake light switch can fail prematurely, resulting in the loss of brake light operation. Other systems that may be affected include: cruise control, push-button start, gear shifter, and Electronic Stability Control (ESC) system. Dealers will replace the brake light switch to correct this concern.
The right intermediate drive shaft may suffer from noise and excessive wear due to misalignment with the transmission right side output gear. As the splines on the intermediate shaft wear, a whirring and/or whining noise may develop and eventually result in damage to the automatic transmission output gear. Severe wear of the splines could result in a loss of drive force to the wheels, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will inspect the right side output gear and intermediate shaft and replace worn parts as necessary. Alignment of the intermediate shaft will also be inspected and corrected if needed. This recall is expected to begin during May 2011. The Hyundai recall number is 102.
2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Reviews
The front suspension on the 2010 Hyundai Sante Fe is TERRIBLE. I plan on trading in this vehicle. HYUNDAI FIX THE SUSPENSION. IT IS JARRING. Consumer Reports agrees!! PLEASE HYUNDAI FIX THE SUSPENSION.
I bought my 2010 Santa Fe brand new for my wife. We now have over 80,000 miles on it. The AWD feature and ABS is truly excellent for Alaskan icy roads and deep snow. This rig gets around when many other 4x4's will not. I have the V-6 engine which provides good power availability, and for the first year I got about 21 to 24 mpg on long highway trips. I now get an incredible 30 mpg on the lo...
i bought 2010 hyundai santa fe and run only 4400 kms. first day only the auto folding mirror didnt work, than the cigarette lighter was missing, after that the cigarette lighter fuse goes out automatically, now the display one the audoi screen is out. so i dont know again what else is going to be off. horrible car of the year