2006 Hyundai Santa Fe Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2006 Hyundai Santa Fe
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2006 Hyundai Santa Fe Problems
The crankshaft position sensor may fail, causing engine stalling or a failure to start. Replacement or the failed sensor will commonly correct this problem.
The timing belt can fail prematurely; if it fails while driving, it can cause catastrophic damage to the engine. Be sure that the timing belt is inspected and replaced according to the manufacturer's recommended schedule.
On the 2.7L V6 and 2.4L 4 Cylinder, a defective exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) switching valve may cause an intermittent rough or unstable idle engine.
2006 Hyundai Santa Fe Questions
Concerned that check engine light comes on every so often, was told it could be the oxygen sensor, or not consistently using premium gas, or the gas cap not closed tightly.
Vehicle looked and smelled like smoke, about 10 minutes later. left car in garage still fires up, but blower fan isnt working!
Check engine indicator flashes continuously
Diesel high Consumption 12.4 l/100Km
Some times idles with RPM low and consumes lots of smoke if fuel pedal hit