2001 Hyundai Santa Fe Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Hyundai Santa Fe
- Engine Performance Problems Due to Crankshaft Position Sensor Failure
- Correct Maintenance of Timing Belt
- Rough Idle Due to Faulty EGR Switching Valve
- Confirm Latest Software For Transmission Control Module and Correct Fuild For Proper Shift Quailty
- Stalling/failure to start due to crankshaft angle sensor failure
- car won't start after r&r of int. carpet
- My 2001 Hyundai Santa Fe looses power on the mountains, has a rough idle
- What is the best transmission fluid to use for my Hyundai Santa Fe 2.7 V6 4WD.
- Fuel backs up in filler neck constantly while filling. Will drain, then back up
- how to change a thermostat on a 2007 santa fe 3.3 lt eng
2001 Hyundai Santa Fe Problems
The crankshaft position sensor may fail, causing engine stalling or a failure to start. Replacement or the failed sensor will commonly correct this problem.
The timing belt can fail prematurely; if it fails while driving, it can cause catastrophic damage to the engine. Be sure that the timing belt is inspected and replaced according to the manufacturer's recommended schedule.
On the 2.7L V6 and 2.4L 4 Cylinder, a defective exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) switching valve may cause an intermittent rough or unstable idle engine.
2001 Hyundai Santa Fe Questions
My truck have an axle shaft broken, and I am searching if it is recall on this part.
THIS HAPPENS ALL THE TIME, DO YOU THINK THE POWER STEERING PUMP IS BAD?
after running errands for a few hours in the heat...the car will not turn off even after I take the key out. also after I fill up with gas it takes 4 to 5 tries to get the engine to fire up and stay running.
2001 Hyundai Santa Fe Recalls
2001 Hyundai Santa Fe Reviews
Who ever owns a 2001 santa fe and lives in florida the paint job gone. You need a 1,500 paint job they are all defective. There should be a class action suit against hyundai for making the 4 cycl santa fe junk. You fix one thing another one breaks.
Bought my 01 Santa Fe with only 28 miles on it. My first new car purchase ever! Within the first few months of ownership, it left me stranded so many times the people at Enterprise Car Rentals knew me by name! The customer service at Hyundai is the worst I have ever experienced, they flat out LIE to you! Once I took it in because it would not start some of the time, they said you need a new bat...
I bought my car new in 2001 and have almost 200,000 miles. Have definitely gotten my money's worth. Am disappointed in the quality of the factory paint as clear coat is failing.