2011 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2011 Hyundai Genesis 3.8
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2011 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 Problems
A rough idle or hard starting condition may develop, most noticeable when the engine is cold, with fault code P161B stored in the powertrain control module (PCM). Our technicians tell us that a PCM software upgrade is available to correct this concern.
2011 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 Recalls
The Hydraulic Electronic Control Unit (HECU) is part of the Anti-Lock braking system. The vehicles being recalled may have been assembled with brake fluid that does not protect the HECU from corrosion. If the module were to corrode, braking effectiveness could be reduced, increasing the risk of a crash. For vehicles manufactured prior to June 01, 2010, dealers will change the brake fluid and inspect the HECU, repairing it as necessary. For vehicles manufactured after June 01, 2010 dealers will flush the HECU assembly and brake system and change the brake fluid.