2009 Hyundai Entourage Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2009 Hyundai Entourage
- Redesigned Gearshift Lever Available for Transmission Problems
- Updated oxygen sensor available
- Improved Timing Chain Tensioners Available to Correct Noise on Startup
- Check Engine Light due to engine-related problems
- Confirm Latest Software For Transmission Control Module and Correct Fuild For Proper Shift Quailty
2009 Hyundai Entourage Problems
If you experience difficulty getting your Entourage transmission out of the Park position, a redesigned gearshift lever is available.
If you have driven your car a few miles and experience a hesitation during acceleration, possibly accompanied by illumination of the Check Engine Light, the problem may be related to a defective front oxygen sensor. An updated sensor is available to correct this problem.
If you experience excessive engine noise on startup (after the engine has been turned off for several hours) that lasts for more than five or six seconds, turn off the engine and check that the engine oil level is correct. If the oil level is correct, the noise may be caused by the timing chain tensioner. Hyundai has an improved tensioner to correct this problem.