2007 Hyundai Elantra Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2007 Hyundai Elantra
- Transmission Won't Shift/CEL Due to Failed Speed Sensors in Transmission
- Confirm Latest Software For Transmission Control Module and Correct Fuild For Proper Shift Quailty
- Check Engine Light Due to Failing Canister Purge Valve
- Power windows stopped working.
- Recall for Defective Airbag System that Causes the Airbag Light to Illuminate
- Hyundai Elantra 2007 Gear shifter goes from park to drive with no effect. Won't engage the transmission.
- How often does the CO2 Censor need to be changed, if any and what is fair price?
- 2007 hyundai elantra timing belt broke while driving
- my alarm systems sounds, inadvertently, several times a day, while sitting idle.
- Where is the canister purge valve located and how do I replace it?
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Tolker Auto Service (240) 233-2581 | 17.49mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- LXT Automotive (301) 679-7303 | 20.28mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- BMW Excluservice (301) 605-9877 | 20.3mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
2007 Hyundai Elantra Problems
If the automatic transmission does not shift properly and the Check Engine Light illuminates, the speed sensors in the transmission may have failed. The sensors are simple and inexpensive to replace.
Prior to replacing the automatic transmission fluid (to improve shift quality), make sure that the transmission fluid level is correct. Also, make sure the computer that controls the transmission has the most up-to-date adaptive programming information. When servicing these transmissions be sure to use fluid approved by Hyundai.
2007 Hyundai Elantra Questions
Was driving up a ramp and suddenly the car lost moving, had car towed, shift stick can move from P to 1, but car doesn't move.
I changed the head, bought it from a junk yard. Now it just pops. It does not try to start. The car ran good before this happened.
2007 Hyundai Elantra Recalls
The affected vehicles are being recalled because the brake light switch can fail prematurely, resulting in the loss of brake light operation. Other systems that may be affected include: cruise control, push-button start, gear shifter, and Electronic Stability Control (ESC) system. Dealers will replace the brake light switch to correct this concern.
The air bag control module may receive an unstable electrical signal from the driver's fore/aft seat position sensor. This could cause the driver's front air bag to deploy at the incorrect pressure in the event of a crash, increasing risk of injury to the driver. Dealers will reprogram the air bag control module with updated software to correct this issue. This recall is expected to begin during April of 2011. The Hyundai recall number is 100.
An electrical connector for the passenger front seat weight sensor is located under the center console. This connector can become contaminated, which could cause the passenger front air bag to deploy unnecessarily in the event of a crash. An unintended air bag deployment increases the risk of injury for an occupant in the front passenger seat. Dealers will install a protective cover over the affected connector to prevent contamination. This recall is expected to begin during April of 2011. The Hyundai recall number is 099.
2007 Hyundai Elantra Reviews
I have Elantra 2007 2.0L with automatic transmission.the problem is the car sometimes the engine cut off suddenly and able to start again without any problem also the engine check light does not turn on that happen at law speed exactly at the first gear level. i don't know the reason for this and I'm from libya and we don't have the hyundai service center here. so please would you tell any ...
The car was ok for the first few years, was getting good gas mileage avg 35 on the highway until the 60,000 mile check up and then it dropped to less than 20. I asked the dealer service dept. about it and he blamed it on the winter weather and the additives they put in the gas although it has warmed up and still is not any better and it never did that any other winter. I've had to had the bra...
This has been the best car that I have ever owned. Other than routine maintenance, a battery, and occasionally bulbs for headlights, I have really had no problems with this car. I have had to replace tires twice, but that could have just been a bad set that I got the second time. I have only recently had to replace the front brake pads, and I have more than 105,000 miles on this car. It has...