2006 Hyundai Elantra Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2006 Hyundai Elantra
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2006 Hyundai Elantra Problems
If the automatic transmission does not shift properly and the Check Engine Light illuminates, the speed sensors in the transmission may have failed. The sensors are simple and inexpensive to replace.
Prior to replacing the automatic transmission fluid (to improve shift quality), make sure that the transmission fluid level is correct. Also, make sure the computer that controls the transmission has the most up-to-date adaptive programming information. When servicing these transmissions be sure to use fluid approved by Hyundai.
2006 Hyundai Elantra Questions
No heat - need to know if it's worth fixing
A friend sat in the back and pulled the mesh partways out of the trim that holds it.
and the coolent system flushed
2006 Hyundai Elantra Reviews
My '06 Elantra hatchback is very reliable, i think. i go through brakes and rotors a lot though. I put over 59,000 miles on it so far and its still going strong. These items i had to replace: front bearings, front ball joint, hand brake wire (may have come with car defective but i did not realize it, till i pull it up a few times and it broke), blown left head lamp bulb, fog lamp bulbs, repl...
Carlsbad Hyundai unloaded a lemon on me and Hyundai corporate turned it's back on me and failed to honor their warrenty. Never buy a Hyundai; it's Korean for "garbage"
2006 Elantra GT has rust around rear brakelight. Power Steering pump is shot at 90,000 miles. Brakes always sound like they need to be replaced. Wipers don't always seem to work that well either. Of course my car was in perfect shape until the warranty was up