2004 Hyundai Elantra Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2004 Hyundai Elantra
- Transmission Won't Shift/CEL Due to Failed Speed Sensors in Transmission
- Power windows stopped working.
- Check Engine Light Due to Failing Canister Purge Valve
- Confirm Latest Software For Transmission Control Module and Correct Fuild For Proper Shift Quailty
- Stalling/failure to start due to crankshaft angle sensor failure
- My brake master cylinder went out. How do I know if it has stability control?
- Air bag light comes on. Stereo turns off, air conditioner gets very weak, dash lights dim. Haven't had the car die while driving, but battery is dead after I turn it off and try to restart it. Replaced battery, problem happened shortly after.
- air conditioner stops at highway speeds
- I have a freeze plug that is corroded and leaking coolant. How much for repair
- Anyone else? Brake lights-one side went out other stays on permanently
2004 Hyundai Elantra Problems
If the automatic transmission does not shift properly and the Check Engine Light illuminates, the speed sensors in the transmission may have failed. The sensors are simple and inexpensive to replace.
My power windows won't work. Power locks function well but the buttons for my windows won't.
2004 Hyundai Elantra Questions
This all happened at same time..one light went out, other stays on forever. Not on recall list. Cruise control went out too.
My mechanic suggested a brake system flush for my Hyundai Elantra. I have 95,000 miles on it and have kept up the maintenance. I live in Nevada with hot summers. Not having any problems with the brakes. Is this necessary???
2004 Hyundai Elantra Recalls
2004 Hyundai Elantra Reviews
Transmission slipping since 30k miles. Dealers could never duplicate problems, nor obtain DTC because CEL did not illuminate until 125k. Now trans chatters loudly and can not be driven. Dealer says trans is bad. CEL now on. Dealer and Hyundai refuse to repair the car and decline to acknowledge prior trouble because CEL never came on!! Rust in sunroof area coming from inside out and paint peelin...
I bought this car new and had a small problem with the transmission right from the start. It was very subtle and hard to detect and, in fact, it would not show up on the computer but I knew something was not right. Finally, after the warrenty was up, it got bad enough to cause the CEL to come on and the problem showed up on the computer. It was the transmission module. Other than this it has b...
Brakes started pulsating at 75,000 and had to replace the front rotors and pads. Otherwise, have had no problems at all with this little car.