2002 Hyundai Elantra Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2002 Hyundai Elantra
- Why does my car have a long lag while shifting?
- why is that my engine revs to 4000 before my transmission shifts
- Check engine Light on with error code- P0121- throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Sw
- My car idles really rough & the check engine light flashes while driving.
- Car wouldn't go when I tried to accelerate, is the transmission going out?
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2002 Hyundai Elantra Problems
If the automatic transmission does not shift properly and the Check Engine Light illuminates, the speed sensors in the transmission may have failed. The sensors are simple and inexpensive to replace.
Prior to replacing the automatic transmission fluid (to improve shift quality), make sure that the transmission fluid level is correct. Also, make sure the computer that controls the transmission has the most up-to-date adaptive programming information. When servicing these transmissions be sure to use fluid approved by Hyundai.
2002 Hyundai Elantra Questions
transmission shifting problems
I stopped at a stop sign, and when accelerating to go, it barely moved, and sounded like I was reving up my engine. I stopped again, put the car in park then back in to drive and then it was fine. Drove great all the way home. What could be wrong with it?
2002 Hyundai Elantra Recalls
Hyundai is recalling 2001–2003 Elantra and Tiburon vehicles in areas of the country with heavy concentrations of road salt usage. Corrosion and thinning of the steel in the front lower control arms may progress to a point where the panels become perforated, which can cause a fracture between the ball joint and pivot attachments to the chassis. This could reduce driver control over the vehicle, which may increase the risk of a crash. Dealers will inspect and replace the affected front lower control arms.
2002 Hyundai Elantra Reviews
I bought my Hyundai Elantra GT 5 speed Hatchback brand new in 2002. I do take good care of my cars, so, this one is mostly garage kept. Because I do live where there is quite a bit of snow and ice, have a rust spot on the rear quarter panel right below the gas tank cover. I had my clutch replaced for the first time when the car had 107,000 miles. Just had the timing belt done, new water pump, a...
After engine oil change, a picture of car and fuel sign suddenly showed up in the mileage monitor of 2002 Hyundai Elantra GT. Anyone has any idea what it means?
I bought this car second hand in 2005. It is a 2002 model. It ran find for about a year, then the transmission starter to mess up. At first it would down shift to third and if you stoped it would not shift to first, only manual shift to second and had to be manually shifted to third. I could shut off the engine and restart and it would work. The problem has steadly gotten worse. Now it will not...