2001 Hyundai Elantra Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Hyundai Elantra
- lately it drives through the gears but will not proceed into top gear.
- My oil filter somehow fell off. Well it took with it the bolt it screwed on to .
- how do I fix my power windows won't go up or down need to known where the relay
- Why wont my 01 hyundai elantra gt shift in to drive?
- Why wont my car go into drive?
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
2001 Hyundai Elantra Problems
If the automatic transmission does not shift properly and the Check Engine Light illuminates, the speed sensors in the transmission may have failed. The sensors are simple and inexpensive to replace.
Prior to replacing the automatic transmission fluid (to improve shift quality), make sure that the transmission fluid level is correct. Also, make sure the computer that controls the transmission has the most up-to-date adaptive programming information. When servicing these transmissions be sure to use fluid approved by Hyundai.
2001 Hyundai Elantra Questions
I want to know what that bolts called and where I an find one at.
switch is location in dash or under hood that it look like
My car starts fine just cant take from park to drive. Can anyone help?
2001 Hyundai Elantra Recalls
Hyundai is recalling 2001–2003 Elantra and Tiburon vehicles in areas of the country with heavy concentrations of road salt usage. Corrosion and thinning of the steel in the front lower control arms may progress to a point where the panels become perforated, which can cause a fracture between the ball joint and pivot attachments to the chassis. This could reduce driver control over the vehicle, which may increase the risk of a crash. Dealers will inspect and replace the affected front lower control arms.
2001 Hyundai Elantra Reviews
Bought new in April '01 (after our daughter bought one in November 2000. Front rotors warped at about 40K. Turned them and am about to replace them at 115K. Wind noise became a recall item too late for us to benefit. Radio failed at about 40k and was not covered by wty. Had an intact manifold gasket go at about 88k, but by-passed dealer. Found out it would have been covered. Dealer replaced fro...
My Elantra has 110k I had it for about 7 years and never really had a major problem with it until now. It seems to be stuck in second or third gear I have not a clue as to what that could be. The engine light came on and the car let out a rough and loud hard shift. The A/C leaks in the inside on the passenger side and I just replaced the alternator. The car has been great except for this prob...
Have 168K on my GT. Very pleased. Some unresolved electrical issues with rear brake lights burning out. Next car will likely be a Hyundai.