1999 Hyundai Elantra Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Hyundai Elantra
- Exhaust problems with cat conv and glowing red hot
- It felt like a bad plug I have replaced the plugs and leads still no different
- I have a hose that is leaking near the clamp, how much is the repair
- when my car is running and it is in park my car will turn off but it starts back
- How do you change the license plate and upper brake light bulbs in a 99 wagon?
1999 Hyundai Elantra Problems
If the automatic transmission does not shift properly and the Check Engine Light illuminates, the speed sensors in the transmission may have failed. The sensors are simple and inexpensive to replace.
Prior to replacing the automatic transmission fluid (to improve shift quality), make sure that the transmission fluid level is correct. Also, make sure the computer that controls the transmission has the most up-to-date adaptive programming information. When servicing these transmissions be sure to use fluid approved by Hyundai.
1999 Hyundai Elantra Questions
My son has a 1999 Hyundai elantra that started acting really sluggish about a month ago. I noticed it had an exhaust leak and we looked at the front cat ( they have 2) and it was glowing red hot. The flexible exhaust pipe connected to it was glowing red hot and torn in half, hence the leak. First...
up and i got told it could be an oxygen sensor because it started stalling in fast accelaration 0-60