1999 Hyundai Elantra Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Hyundai Elantra
- It felt like a bad plug I have replaced the plugs and leads still no different
- I have a hose that is leaking near the clamp, how much is the repair
- when my car is running and it is in park my car will turn off but it starts back
- How do you change the license plate and upper brake light bulbs in a 99 wagon?
- the location of the motor mounts in 1999 hyundai elantra
1999 Hyundai Elantra Problems
If the automatic transmission does not shift properly and the Check Engine Light illuminates, the speed sensors in the transmission may have failed. The sensors are simple and inexpensive to replace.
Prior to replacing the automatic transmission fluid (to improve shift quality), make sure that the transmission fluid level is correct. Also, make sure the computer that controls the transmission has the most up-to-date adaptive programming information. When servicing these transmissions be sure to use fluid approved by Hyundai.
1999 Hyundai Elantra Questions
up and i got told it could be an oxygen sensor because it started stalling in fast accelaration 0-60
i have changed the transmission fluid, and still has no reverse, when i put it in drive it will jerk down into the next gear, any answers for me