1998 Hyundai Elantra Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 Hyundai Elantra
- My Hyundai elantra 1998 cant start. The mechanics tried changing the sensors etc
- My turn signals don't work
- Why won't my engine start or even make a click when I try starting it
- I have drum brakes on the rear and disc up front Can I switch the back wheels to the fron a vice versa? my girlfriend had it done now makes all kind of noises in the front and it pulls to the left
- can I rotate tires and rims if the back brakes are drums and the front are disc
1998 Hyundai Elantra Problems
If the automatic transmission does not shift properly and the Check Engine Light illuminates, the speed sensors in the transmission may have failed. The sensors are simple and inexpensive to replace.
1998 Hyundai Elantra Questions
The other controls on the "stalk" work - cruise control, etc. - and the wipers work on the "washer" setting, but the wipers do not work when using the rotary on the stalk. Do I need a new switch, "stalk" or what? I tried replacing the fuse but it did not help.
1998 Hyundai Elantra Reviews
just bought a used wagon gls and was driving fine commuting to work until last week when check engine light went on and died. Went to a mechanic to look at it and was told it was speed fan module. So far its been a reliable car for its year and mileage only 94k.