1997 Hyundai Accent Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Hyundai Accent
- Why does my car splitter and loose power when it gets warm
- My car is Excel manual sedan. I live in australia. I just bought it for $1000aud
- My clutch randomly went soft.... NO idea whats wrong. More info below.
- Autotrans revs btwn 1st & 2nd. Why?
- my transmission is slipping is there a sensor or clutch solinoid
1997 Hyundai Accent Problems
In areas where the roads are heavily salted during the winter, rust may occur in the front lower suspension or suspension coil spring. There are three separate recalls for road salt damage to the coil spring and/or control arm on 1995-1997 vehicles. Not all recalls may apply to all models so check with your local dealer to see if your vehicle is included. Our technicians remind us that if recall repairs are not completed to your satisfaction you should contact Hyundai at 1-800-633-5151. For more information on these recalls please click here»
1997 Hyundai Accent Questions
It only happens when the engine gets warm
I was just driving back home from the mall, when suddenly my clutch went soft. It usually has free play where i can rest my foot on without engaging the clutch. But it randomly went completely soft, even if i rested my foot on it like usual, it just sunk almost to the bottom. For the first time, ...
I can drive in low gears 1&2 but it won't go in drive the engine just revs real hi