2006 Hummer H2 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2006 Hummer H2
- Is there anything I can do so speed up the reset of my computer monitors?
- I own a 2006 Hummer H2 Low Oil Pressure Warning And Dinging Noise.
- Left rear never sits level, its always an inch or more lower then the right.
- the air inflator inside the back is not working. could it be a fuse?
- how do you replace the map light bulbs in a hummer h2
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2006 Hummer H2 Problems
Illumination of the Check Engine Light can be caused by a loose or worn gas cap.
The fuel pump may fail causing the engine to stall and not restart.
The CD player may fail due to an internal fault with the radio. Our technicians tell us that in most cases, the radio unit will need to be sent to a specialty repair shop to correct this issue.
2006 Hummer H2 Questions
I am trying to get my H2 through smog. I recently had some work done on it, but the computer for the catalytic converter has not reset, even after driving it about 150 miles. Anything I can do to make this happen faster? Thank you
It went down to to 5 degrees. I took the truck out for fuel due to it being low. drove to the gas station gas light came on then low oil pressure and dinging noise started.
Went back home and parked the truck. I checked the oil it was perfect I've thought maybe because it was very cold. T...
Left side ride height sensor has been replaced, left rear airbag been replaced twice. Within a few minutes left side is completly empty, dealer cant find any leaks, computer doesnt flash any codes, computer says truck is level.
2006 Hummer H2 Recalls
The heated washer module under the hood could overheat due to excessive current draw. Under certain conditions, this could result in an under hood fire. This previous recall attempt in 2008 to repair this concern did not have the expected success. Dealers will now permanently disable and remove the heated washer module to correct this concern. This recall is expected to begin on June 20, 2010.
The wiring to the washer system heater may overheat due to a failure in the heater module. This could cause other electrical features to malfunction, smoke to develop, and an electrical fire could result. Dealers will install a wire harness with an inline fuse to protect the washer heater module. This recall is expected to begin on September 12, 2008. The General Motors recall number is 08048.
The tire and loading information label on the driver's side door frame may be inaccurate. A misprinted label could lead to overloading of the vehicle, which could possibly lead to tire failure and a crash. Owners will be provided with corrected labels and installation instructions. At customers' request, a dealer can install the label for them. The recall began March 31, 2006. The GM recall number is 05109.
2006 Hummer H2 Reviews
We bought this H2 new in the fall of 2005. It now has over 105,000 miles on it and continues to perform extremely well. The only problems we have had is that we've gone through a couple batteries and a minor suspension problem in the rear. This is a great vehicle that has been used for a variety of "hauling" applications and it continues to perform beautifully. The only down side is that th...