2006 Honda Ridgeline Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2006 Honda Ridgeline
- What percentage of Ridgeline owners experience timing belt failure?
- Why does the power go out when I stop to turn the motor off.
- My backlight on the radio turns off and my headlights are on.
- My AC & blower work OK, but won't blow hot air. What should I do? Fuse is OK
- i have a 2006 ridgeline the speedometer started to working intermittently.
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2006 Honda Ridgeline Problems
Some models have a problem were the transmission won't shift into fourth gear intermittently. This problem can commonly be repaired with a software update from Honda.
On some models a poor connection in the radio antenna harness and sub harness can cause static when going over bumps. Replacing the antenna harness and sub harness will commonly repair this problem.
A chirp noise from the timing belt area can be caused by a tilted idler pulley. Installing a corrective shim from Honda will commonly correct this issue.
2006 Honda Ridgeline Questions
When my headlights are on the backlight on my radio turn off and when I turn off my headlights the back lights on the radio turn on. Anyone know what is causing this??
The dial is set to warmer than outside air. The blower still blows but won't blow warm/hot air not matter the "mode". Just started a week ago. What should I check? Any easy fixes other than pulling the dash apart? Not sure where the servo is that opens the warm air flow for the...
It happens when I turn, and I can hear it when it is idling or upon acceleration. Any idea what this might be? I have 91K miles on it.
2006 Honda Ridgeline Recalls
This limited regional recall is for vehicles currently registered or first sold in southern Florida, along the Gulf Coast, Puerto Rico, Hawaii, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, Saipan and American Samoa. Upon deployment the passenger airbag inflator could rupture, increasing the risk of personal injury. Dealers will replace the passenger side air bag inflator to correct this concern.
This limited regional recall is for vehicles currently registered or first sold in Florida, Puerto Rico, Hawaii and the U.S. Virgin Islands, and equipped with Takata-brand air bag inflators. Upon deployment the driver and/or passenger airbag inflator could rupture, increasing the risk of personal injury. Honda dealers will replace the affected airbag inflator modules to correct this concern.
A connector terminal under the passenger side dash board for the HVAC system may be accessible to kicking by the front seat passenger. If this occurs, the connector may overheat and possibly short circuit, which could cause a fire. Dealers will inspect and replace the wiring connector and install a protective cover. The recall began March 15, 2010. The Honda recall number is R27.
2006 Honda Ridgeline Reviews
2006 Honda Ridgeline Bought new in 2006 and just passed 245,000. Other than routine maintenance no major problems. Shooting for 300,000. Great truck and well worth the money at the time.
Guys moved to jamaica and been driving my Ridgeline for three years no probs ..two weeks ago a woman jumped the median flipped and nailed me in the front and left side. Then destroyed a tercel. Any other vehicle and i would have been a goner. Hats off to Honda you saved my life. Thanks would buy another in a heartbeat.
2006 Ridgeline has 102,000 miles on it, having to replace the timing belt and water pump; got Honda replacement parts on EBAY for $210 cheaper than at dealer. I have a local shop that charges 40% less for labor. I recommend everyone doing this service as you approach 105,000 miles. Great truck. I put a cold air intake on some 4 years ago and gas mileage has increased by 3 miles per gallon o...