1999 Honda Prelude Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Honda Prelude
- Warped Front Brake Rotors May Cause Vibration When Braking
- Misaligned Fifth Shift Fork May Cause Transmission to Grind on Upshift
- Compressed upper damper spacers may cause clunking noise
- Faulty Master Cylinder Resevoir Filter Can Cause Brake Light After Cold Start
- Doors won't open due to inner handle rod being too long
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1999 Honda Prelude Problems
The front brake rotors can warp and cause a vibration when braking. The rotors will need to be machined or in cases where they are worn to thin, replaced to correct this issue.
On some models the manual transmission fifth gear can grind on upshift due to a misaligned fifth shift fork. The transmission will have to be removed and disassembled and the fifth gear, the fifth sleeve set and the fifth gear shift fork will have to be replaced to repair this issue.
A clunk noise can develop from the rear due to upper damper spacers compressing over time. Installing new damper collars is required to stop the noise.
1999 Honda Prelude Questions
Driving down the road the engine just dies out of nowhere.I have 2 lights on my dash 1 being check engine (error says o2 sensor) , 2 is my ATTS. Now I don't believe that they are related. When the engine dies my car does'nt have power to the radio, dash or no power to my brakes or power s...
car ran good, then started missing, jerking, no power, will not start no! have replaced exhaust sensor, new plugs, coil, wires
when i start my car the battery light and brake light come on dimly. i apply the brakes and try to put into drive but it wont leave park. i used the over ride switch to put tranny into neutral then start and car moves but wont idle right and speedometer doesnt work. please help
1999 Honda Prelude Recalls
Honda has recalled 1997-2001 Prelude, 1999-2002 Accord, and 1999-2000 Acura TL models because the ignition switch interlock may fail. If this happens, the key will be removable before the engine is in the "Park" position, which could cause the vehicle to roll and crash. Dealers will confirm interlock function and vehicles will receive an updated interlock lever free of charge.
The electrical contacts in the ignition switch may be worn. This may cause the engine to stall while driving, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will replace the ignition switch to correct this concern. This recall is expected to begin by June 14, 2002.