1996 Honda Prelude Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Honda Prelude
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1996 Honda Prelude Problems
The front brake rotors can warp and cause a vibration when braking. The rotors will need to be machined or in cases where they are worn to thin, replaced to correct this issue.
On some models the manual transmission fifth gear can grind on upshift due to a misaligned fifth shift fork. The transmission will have to be removed and disassembled and the fifth gear, the fifth sleeve set and the fifth gear shift fork will have to be replaced to repair this issue.
A seal in the 4 cylinder engine around the balance shaft tends to fall out, causing a large oil leak. There is a retaining device available to prevent the seal from falling out, which can be put in place during routine timing belt maintenance.
1996 Honda Prelude Questions
Swap the motor from an H22A1 to an H22A4
Does anybody else have problems with the air in their lude? My ac does not work in the first place but that doesn't bother me as much as the fact that just vent air is heated more than outside air. And now it's winter. On cold nights the car has a hard time keeping the cab warm enough for...
1996 Honda Prelude Recalls
The ball joints in the front suspension may prematurely wear out. The ball joints could break in severe circumstances, which may cause an accident. Dealers will replace the front suspension lower ball joints. This recall is expected to begin by May 17, 1999.