1993 Honda Prelude Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1993 Honda Prelude
- Dash switch for the rear defogger has stopped working; Light doesn't come on.
- 93 prelude shuts off while driving
- My odometer stopped working on the drive in to work today. Cause? Fix?
- Automatic, car starts but when I put it in any gear it doesn't move ? Any ideas?
- how to fix a ticking problem after adjusting valves several times?
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1993 Honda Prelude Problems
The front brake rotors can warp and cause a vibration when braking. The rotors will need to be machined or in cases where they are worn to thin, replaced to correct this issue.
On some models the manual transmission fifth gear can grind on upshift due to a misaligned fifth shift fork. The transmission will have to be removed and disassembled and the fifth gear, the fifth sleeve set and the fifth gear shift fork will have to be replaced to repair this issue.
On some models a jingling noise from the rear can be heard due to uninsulated damper mounts. Both rear damper mounts will need to be insulated to quiet the noise.
1993 Honda Prelude Questions
Feels like there is no resistence behind the button.
2.2 Prelude SOHC shuts off while driving. Replaced ICM and it was fine for about a month then I had the same problem again Some say ignition switch, others say bad ICM, i don't have a clue as to what the problem is. Can anyone give me some insight???
I tried to push it in neutral doesn't move. I think it may be the shift cable but I'm not sure need help.
1993 Honda Prelude Reviews
i love my honda prelude si h23 with 4 ws...it has a coolant leak, and a couple oil leaks.... i really want to keep it but im a female that is only slightly mechanically inclined.... the four wheel steering turns off and the car starts to act slightly sluggish when its really hot outside... the car is so amazing when its a cold day outside, 4ws works it runs brand new can it be the oil leaks and...