1993 Honda Prelude Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1993 Honda Prelude
- no fire or gas after replacing main relay
- my 1993 honda prelude will not pass e-check emissions test due to high nitroge/oxygen compounds. what causes this failure and how much does ir cost to repair?
- my 1993 honda prelude failed the e-check due to nitrogne/oxygen compounds.
- steering wheel stays unlocked and car wont start?
- Dash switch for the rear defogger has stopped working; Light doesn't come on.
1993 Honda Prelude Problems
The front brake rotors can warp and cause a vibration when braking. The rotors will need to be machined or in cases where they are worn to thin, replaced to correct this issue.
On some models the manual transmission fifth gear can grind on upshift due to a misaligned fifth shift fork. The transmission will have to be removed and disassembled and the fifth gear, the fifth sleeve set and the fifth gear shift fork will have to be replaced to repair this issue.
On some models a jingling noise from the rear can be heard due to uninsulated damper mounts. Both rear damper mounts will need to be insulated to quiet the noise.
1993 Honda Prelude Questions
What is this caused by and how much is the repair?
1993 Honda Prelude Reviews
i love my honda prelude si h23 with 4 ws...it has a coolant leak, and a couple oil leaks.... i really want to keep it but im a female that is only slightly mechanically inclined.... the four wheel steering turns off and the car starts to act slightly sluggish when its really hot outside... the car is so amazing when its a cold day outside, 4ws works it runs brand new can it be the oil leaks and...