1992 Honda Prelude Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1992 Honda Prelude
- Had the battery changed also starter said they cleared the codes radio wont work
- I need a guys help bad. Its about my 1992 honda prelude. please someone respond.
- I turn my car off. Pull key from ignition. ignition still acts lie there's a key
- how do u remove the starter to get it replaced in a 92 honda prelude?
- Front left brake gets hot and wears the pads/rotors.
1992 Honda Prelude Problems
The front brake rotors can warp and cause a vibration when braking. The rotors will need to be machined or in cases where they are worn to thin, replaced to correct this issue.
On some models the manual transmission fifth gear can grind on upshift due to a misaligned fifth shift fork. The transmission will have to be removed and disassembled and the fifth gear, the fifth sleeve set and the fifth gear shift fork will have to be replaced to repair this issue.
On some models a jingling noise from the rear can be heard due to uninsulated damper mounts. Both rear damper mounts will need to be insulated to quiet the noise.
1992 Honda Prelude Questions
So, I went to start my car this morning. It started literally squeeling like a pig. I noticed a smell, so i turned it off. My daughter said your cars smoking mom. I just thought it was because it was cold. I turned the car back on. The battery light is now on, but the car is on. just idling rough...
We've replaced everything except the flex lines, still gets hot and smells like burning rubber.