1990 Honda Prelude Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1990 Honda Prelude
- Warped Front Brake Rotors May Cause Vibration When Braking
- Uninsulated damper mounts may cause jingling noise from rear
- Excessive clearance between caliper bracket and caliper slide pins can cause rattle
- Front bearing failure in alternator may cause noise in engine
- Improperly sealed wheel well grommets may cause water leak
1990 Honda Prelude Problems
The front brake rotors can warp and cause a vibration when braking. The rotors will need to be machined or in cases where they are worn to thin, replaced to correct this issue.
On some models a jingling noise from the rear can be heard due to uninsulated damper mounts. Both rear damper mounts will need to be insulated to quiet the noise.
1990 Honda Prelude Questions
I believe that the fuel injection system and my intake system are having a few problems. This car was bought from the original owners with these few problems existing. The car runs great but sometimes has some trouble starting when its cold outside. its seems as though it is flooding at some po...
it takes forever to start but once it is started it runs great if i take it somewhere it is fine if its sits for a few it starts right back up . if it sits for a long period say an 8 hour shift it is a pain to start again but again as soon as it fires up it runs great. this car is my wifes pride...
actually is 89 honda prelude 2.0 Si DOHC. its not in pass kick panel, its not in driver sd dashboard beside the fuses. I am trying to have power to the new fuel pump which missing.