1990 Honda Prelude Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1990 Honda Prelude
- Warped Front Brake Rotors May Cause Vibration When Braking
- Uninsulated damper mounts may cause jingling noise from rear
- Excessive clearance between caliper bracket and caliper slide pins can cause rattle
- Front bearing failure in alternator may cause noise in engine
- Improperly sealed wheel well grommets may cause water leak
- Where can I find parts for my Honda, Lots of them have been discontinued.
- Driver side door sags, is there any other option other than replacing the hinges
- I'm having problems with what i think is the PGM-FI system.
- my 1990 prelude si aws gives me hell starting on a cold morning
- where is the fuel cut-off relay located?
1990 Honda Prelude Problems
The front brake rotors can warp and cause a vibration when braking. The rotors will need to be machined or in cases where they are worn to thin, replaced to correct this issue.
On some models a jingling noise from the rear can be heard due to uninsulated damper mounts. Both rear damper mounts will need to be insulated to quiet the noise.
1990 Honda Prelude Questions
I believe that the fuel injection system and my intake system are having a few problems. This car was bought from the original owners with these few problems existing. The car runs great but sometimes has some trouble starting when its cold outside. its seems as though it is flooding at some po...