2006 Honda Pilot Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2006 Honda Pilot
- Why do my dash guagelights not come on, while VSA, ABS and BRAKE (in red) appear
- Why do I smell anti-freeze after my car warms up? The temp gauge never changes.
- What does it mean if yout TPMS light comes on while your driving but turns off?
- 2 rear int lights go on when any door is open. Door shut and 1 light stays on.
- Need an engine, So how much am I looking at for a used engine with the labor..??
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2006 Honda Pilot Problems
The front brake rotors can warp and cause a vibration when braking. The rotors will need to be machined or in cases where they are worn to thin, replaced to correct this issue.
On certain models a leaking side marker light wire harness can cause a water leak inside the vehicle. Resealing the wire harness where it goes through the body into the cabin area should stop the leak.
An overheated wire in the head light harness can cause the low beams not to work. Replacing combination light/turn signal switch switch, the wire for the low beams, and the combination switch connector (if damaged) should repair this issue.
2006 Honda Pilot Questions
I reset parking break but didn't help. First time this has happened. Recently had break fluid,flushed and pads checked.
My daughter-in-law also has a Pilot and complains of the same thing.
The low tire pressure light has not come on, but the TPMS light came on while driving the other day. Stayed on about 10 minutes and then turned itself off. Any idea?
2006 Honda Pilot Recalls
This limited regional recall is for vehicles currently registered or first sold in Florida, Puerto Rico, Hawaii and the U.S. Virgin Islands, and equipped with Takata-brand air bag inflators. Upon deployment the driver and/or passenger airbag inflator could rupture, increasing the risk of personal injury. Honda dealers will replace the affected airbag inflator modules to correct this concern.
Honda has recalled 2006 Accord, Civic, CR-V, Element, Insight, Odyssey, Pilot, Ridgeline, Acura MDX, RL, RSX, TL, TSX, and 2007 Honda Fit vehicles because the contact information for the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) is listed incorrectly in the owner's manual. Honda is contacting dealers and customers to provide them with a postcard containing the correct information.
2006 Honda Pilot Reviews
Hey... Anonymous from Seneca, SC with the 2007 Pilot: If your Pilot is a 2WD – From VIN 5FNYF2...7B000001 thru 5FNYF2...7B040535, this is a known problem. Look for Honda TSB 07-070 on the web or, better yet, go to your dealer and have them bring it up on the service computer... they should have known about this and saved you some your cash if your VIN falls in that group because, even out of w...
Bought Pilot new in 06. The greatest purchase ever. Did have a squeaking sound at 33000 miles but Honda replaced the timing belt, tensioner, and water pump at no cost to me. It has been wonderful every since. This is the car for me and my family. Need auto seat and mirror ajustment.
works perfect, everything in order however Electrical console on passenger side keeps coming out, vibration as door opens and closes pushes it out all the time.