2013 Honda Odyssey Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2013 Honda Odyssey
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2013 Honda Odyssey Problems
The front brake rotors can warp and cause a vibration when braking. The rotors will need to be machined or in cases where they are worn to thin, replaced to correct this issue.
There have been some issues reported with the electric sliding doors. Our technicians remind us that proper diagnoses will be necessary to determine the cause of various faults which may occur.
2013 Honda Odyssey Recalls
The pistons are one of the main components in the lower section of the engine, there is one piston inside of each cylinder. It is possible that some pistons were not properly heat treated during their manufacturing process. This would reduce the hardness of the metal making it more susceptible to premature wear. A worn piston may fail unexpectedly causing the engine to stall, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will replace the lower part of the engine assembly, the "short block", to correct this concern.
The shift interlock system is designed to prevent the shifter from being moved out of the park position unless the brake pedal is depressed. These vehicles are being recalled because during sub-freezing temperatures, the interlock mechanism may be slow to operate. The could allow the shifter to be moved from the park position when it should not be allowed to do so. As a result the vehicle could roll unexpectedly, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will install an updated shift interlocking mechanism to correct this concern.
During manufacturing, some of the metal rivets used to secure components of the driver's airbag may not have been installed. A missing rivet could alter the performance of the airbag during deployment, increasing the risk of injury in the event of a crash. Dealers will inspect the driver's airbag module and replace it if necessary.