2012 Honda Odyssey Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2012 Honda Odyssey
- Power sliding doors won't open when ignition is on, or after the van started.
- How to reset abs & traction control warning lights?
- Jumped my 2012 Odyssey, now power side doors will not open when van in running.
- I have a Honda Odyssey, 2012. service times
- Slight clunking noise rt side when going over bumps only when van is cold
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2012 Honda Odyssey Problems
The front brake rotors can warp and cause a vibration when braking. The rotors will need to be machined or in cases where they are worn to thin, replaced to correct this issue.
There have been some issues reported with the electric sliding doors. Our technicians remind us that proper diagnoses will be necessary to determine the cause of various faults which may occur.
A rear engine mount that is broken can cause an engine vibration felt in the vehicle. Replacing the failed mount will repair this problem.
2012 Honda Odyssey Questions
I bought it as a flood vehicle with the fuse boxes changed. I've already put on 25,000 miles. The only persisting problems it got is 1)Power sliding doors won't open when ignition is on, or car started(it'll power close; if sliding doors are open and the car is on then there's ...
Dealer said it was a recall issue & tightened bolts. Now it seems worse-especially 1st thing on very cold day.Has anyone heard of a similar problem? Dealer "can't hear it" now although it's worse than before. Car around 6 months old-3000 miles.Honda odyssey 2012. We are worr...
The dealer has offered a maintenance contract that covers all the required service for the 5 year at $1200. Is this a good deal or a rip off?
2012 Honda Odyssey Recalls
The shift interlock system is designed to prevent the shifter from being moved out of the park position unless the brake pedal is depressed. These vehicles are being recalled because during sub-freezing temperatures, the interlock mechanism may be slow to operate. The could allow the shifter to be moved from the park position when it should not be allowed to do so. As a result the vehicle could roll unexpectedly, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will install an updated shift interlocking mechanism to correct this concern.
During manufacturing, some of the metal rivets used to secure components of the driver's airbag may not have been installed. A missing rivet could alter the performance of the airbag during deployment, increasing the risk of injury in the event of a crash. Dealers will inspect the driver's airbag module and replace it if necessary.
A retaining nut for the right front lower suspension damper bolt may not have been tightened correctly during vehicle assembly. As a result, the nut may loosen over time. If the nut were to loosen, the front hub assembly would then be attached by only one bolt. This would allow the wheel assembly to shift to an extreme inward angle, resulting in loss of steering and increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will repair the vehicles as necessary to correct this concern.