1998 Honda Odyssey Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 Honda Odyssey
- Speakers in the driver side are going out
- I uphave noticed oily substance seaping through my carpet on drivers side front
- My car goes off on motion, after several attempt of starting it will start
- Troubleshooting by Autozone P0700, Automatic transmission fault probable cause.
- Why does car "jerk" inot gear when first started??
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1998 Honda Odyssey Problems
The front brake rotors can warp and cause a vibration when braking. The rotors will need to be machined or in cases where they are worn to thin, replaced to correct this issue.
Damaged engine mounts can lead to vibration and roughness felt in the steering wheel. A rattle in the dash and engine area may also be heard. Replacement of damaged mounts will commonly correct these issues.
1998 Honda Odyssey Questions
where would the oil be coming from
This happens in the afternoon or after long hours of driving. A technician suggested replacing camshaft sensor. Pls advice
Check other codes
P0740 TCC does not engaged
open or short circuit condition,
Poor electrical connection
failed TTC System,
P0706 open in transmission range switch circuit
Open or short circuit condition
Poor electrical connection
Faulty transmision range switch
1998 Honda Odyssey Recalls
The electrical contacts in the ignition switch may be worn. This may cause the engine to stall while driving, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will replace the ignition switch to correct this concern. This recall is expected to begin by June 14, 2002.
The ball joints in the front suspension may prematurely wear out. The ball joints could break in severe circumstances, which may cause an accident. Dealers will replace the front suspension lower ball joints. This recall is expected to begin by May 17, 1999.
1998 Honda Odyssey Reviews
After 165000 miles, the car still works well. Have never had anything go bad until recently. I always do my own maintenance; oil, filter and rotate every 5K miles. Except I had all belts and hoses replaced at 120K miles by the Honda shop . The "Check Engine" light came on. My OBD2 unit did not register anything, however, the unit used by the folks at my local Autozone showed a lean mixture pres...
Bought car new in 1998. Today I have 254,000 miles with very few problems. The most extensive repairs is three changes of the brake rotors, one starter (last month), couple new batteries, one oxygen sensor, and rear anti-lock brakes sensors. I am on my fourth set of tires, and 5 windshields replaced. I have the EX model so I pull mid-bucket seats out, fold down back seat and carry a large r...