2012 Honda CR-V Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2012 Honda CR-V
- I have an intermittant fault with the inside switch for the tailgate.
- how to perform windshield wiper arm alignment
- Battery has died twice. Was told I drive too many short trips
- My new 2012 Honda CRV has now on two occasions stalled when I try to accelerate.
- My new CRV stalls or hesitates after cold start while accelerating
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2012 Honda CR-V Problems
The AC compressor may seize resulting in loss of cold air from the AC vents. Often when the compressor fails in the fashion, debris is spread through out the entire air conditioning system resulting in very expensive repairs.
The front brake rotors can warp and cause a vibration when braking. The rotors will need to be machined or in cases where they are worn to thin, replaced to correct this issue.
2012 Honda CR-V Questions
I had the car back at the dealers twice and each time they tried it the tailgate opened.The next day it did not work.
why can't you answer this question?
I know there is a lot of electrical uses in this car, but the charging system is poorly designed if I need to drive 45 minutes to charge it. I am retired and try not to drive for all kinds of reasons. Any one else have this problem?
2012 Honda CR-V Recalls
The shift interlock system is designed to prevent the shifter from being moved out of the park position unless the brake pedal is depressed. These vehicles are being recalled because during sub-freezing temperatures, the interlock mechanism may be slow to operate. The could allow the shifter to be moved from the park position when it should not be allowed to do so. As a result the vehicle could roll unexpectedly, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will install an updated shift interlocking mechanism to correct this concern.
Certain 2012 CR-V LX vehicles were assembled with incorrect values for Gross Vehicle Weight Rating, Gross Axle Weight Rating front and rear, tire size, and rim size specified on the tire and wheel information label. A misprinted label could lead to improper vehicle loading. This could result in a tire failure, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will apply the corrective label to correct this concern. The Honda recall number is S62.
If the manual or power door lock is activated while an interior front door handle is being operated, the cable connecting the interior door handle to the door latch mechanism may become loose and move out of position. There is a possibility that the cable can move far enough out of position to prevent the door from properly latching. If the door is not fully latched, the door may open while driving or during a crash, increasing the risk of personal injury to the vehicle occupants. Dealers will replace the front door latch assemblies in the affected vehicles. Additionally, the interior front door handles in certain Honda CR-Vs will also be replaced to correct this concern. The Honda recall campaign numbers are S45/S46/S47.